| || |
On Awana night, Bob is known Commander Bob. His primary responsibility as Awana Commander is organizing and coordinating our Awana Club. Our Awana Club is a fun, Bible-based club for preschool through 6th grade children.
- Puggles - for 2's and 3's
- Cubbies - for preschoolers
- Sparks - for kindergarten through 2nd graders
- T&T - for third through sixth graders
- Trek - for youth 7th grade and up
The Cubbies have a special program designed for their developing skills. Sparks and T&T club meetings include three primary segments, plus an opening and closing.
- Handbook Segment – each clubber has an Awana handbook that we work our way through during the year. The handbook teaches some core biblical truths and stresses verse memorization. Your child will work one-on-one or in a small group with an Awana volunteer.
- Game Segment – we have fun games and team activities. We run, hop, skip, jump, pull, toss, cheer, and compete.
- Large Group – the clubbers gather together for a short time of Bible teaching. While we do occasionally have special speakers, the large group is most often led by our own Awana leaders.
The evening is fast-paced and filled with both fun activity and practical Bible teaching. We meet weekly on Wednesday nights during the school year, from September through April. Parents are always welcome to attend.
When asked to comment on our Awana Club, Bob said, "I believe in the Awana Club and what it stands for. I want each child to have the same opportunity to love Jesus as I do!"
Bob is married, the father of three grown children, and the grandfather of three grandchildren — who all attend Awana Club! Bob is excited about Awana and the impact that it can make on children.
For more information about Awana, visit:
Awana and the Awana logo are Registered Trademarks of Awana Clubs International. Used by permission.